The New Zealand Cancer Registry
The NZ Cancer Registry has operated since 1948 and is a population-based tumour register of all primary malignant disease. (Basal and squamous cancers arising in the skin are not required to be reported, except for those of the genitalia.)
The major sources of new registrations are copies of laboratory reports, post-discharge reports from publicly funded hospitals, death certificates and autopsy reports, and discharge reports from private hospitals.
To access historical publications in this series please search the Ministry of Health’s online library catalogue.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer web tool
This web tool provides data on cancer registrations, diagnoses and deaths from 2011 to 2020 in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The data collected includes information on the site, stage and pathology of the cancer, as well as demographic information (eg, ethnicity, age, sex, and domicile). The data is collected under the Cancer Registry Act 1993 and the Cancer Registry Regulations 1994.
New cancer registrations 2015-2019
New cancer registrations 2010-2014
- New cancer registrations 2014 - Published 22 December 2016
Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2013 - Published 09 November 2016
New cancer registrations 2013 - Published 02 December 2015
Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2012 - Published 06 October 2015
Cancer: New Registrations and Deaths 2011 - Published 17 September 2014
Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2010 - Published 30 August 2013
New cancer registrations 2005-2009
- Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2009 - Published 24 July 2012
- Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2008 - Published 02 June 2011
- Cancer: New Registrations and Deaths 2007 - Published 02 July 2010
- Cancer: New Registrations and Deaths 2006 - Published 02 April 2010
- Cancer: New Registrations and Deaths 2005 – Revised edition - Published 02 July 2009