About the Health Integrity Line
The Health Integrity Line - 0800 424 888 - is a free, anonymous 24/7 phone line for you to report fraud or any other activities you’re concerned about in the health system.
Alternatively you can make a report on-line at Integrity Line NZ.
This includes but is not limited to:
- dishonest or inappropriate use of public money by members of the public using health funding, or any allegation of fraud by medical professionals using health funding
- corrupt practices
- harassment or other unsafe work practices
- theft or other criminal behaviour by any person
- conflicts of interest or policy breaches
- drug or alcohol abuse
- any other matter that “does not seem right”.
Who operates the Health Integrity Line
The 0800 line is operated by Integrity NZ, an independent charity, and staffed by specially trained operators who won’t ask for a name or record or trace the call.
All Health Integrity Line calls are passed on to the appropriate team or agency to follow up.
Do the right thing
If you’re an employee and are calling about serious wrongdoing in or by your workplace, we'll let you know your rights under the Protected Disclosures (Protection of Whistleblowers) Act 2022).
Protect the integrity and high standards of our health service by talking about your concerns.
Other ways to voice your concerns
We publish a range of documents and health system performance data as part of operating a transparent health system.
The Official Information Act allows New Zealanders to have access to official information held by governments and government agencies.