Mapping tables provide a link between two editions of a classification. There are two types of mapping tables provided:
- Backward mapping – provides equivalent code for new codes in the newer edition
- Forward mapping – provides equivalent codes for deleted codes in the newer edition
Both of these types of maps are created using logical maps. Logical mapping is used to interpret the coded data for the best match from the AR-DRG classification.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI mapping tables (or part of) are a licensed product, therefore not all mapping tables are available through this web site. For mapping table inquiries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The mapping tables include the listed fields.
This field indicates whether the mapping is a forwards or backwards map.
The conversion type indicates the classification system being mapped and whether it is a forwards or backwards map, for example:
- the conversion type 1112 indicates the mapping is forwards from ICD-10-AM/ACHI 2nd Edition forward to ICD-10-AM/ACHI 3rd Edition
- the conversion type 1211 indicates the mapping is backwards from ICD-10-AM/ACHI 3rd Edition back to ICD-10-AM/ACHI 2nd Edition.
This field shows the clinical code type associated with each code in the classification. The values in this field are:
- A = diseases/diagnoses and special purpose
- B = injury, poisoning and complications of surgical/medical care
- E = external cause of injury, poisoning and complications of surgical/medical care
- O = operation/procedure
- M = morphology (pathology)
- V = supplementary classification/health factors influencing health status and contact with health services.
This field can be used to determine a subset of codes eg, to map only procedures choose rows with an ‘O’ in the clinical_code_type_from field.
This is the code in the classification being mapped.
This field is the clinical code type the code has been mapped to.
The same range of code values are used in this field as they are in the clinical_code_type_from field.
This field indicates what code in the clinical_code_from field has been mapped to.
This field may contain a Y (yes), N (no) or comments.
N (no) indicates there is no change between the codes.
Y (yes) indicates there is a change between the codes.