About the fund
Applications for 2023/24 have been extended and will close at 5pm Friday 6 October 2023.
Submitted applications will be assessed by Te Whatu Ora and other relevant agencies. Following the assessments, Te Whatu Ora will be meeting with each provider to discuss results and contracts.
The Pacific Provider Development Fund (PPDF) is an annual fund designed to help Pacific health and disability providers improve and build the services to their communities.
In Budget 2022 the government made an extra $49.9 million of funding available over four years to help providers make their services more sustainable and continue to provide the best health care services for our Pacific communities.
The capability development focus areas are:
- Pacific Organisation Values and Philosophy
- Mission, strategy, and planning
- Service design and evaluation
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Financial management
- Governance and leadership
- Communications and external relations.
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must meet all three of these criteria:
- Be an existing Pacific health service provider. This means a provider that is owned and governed by Pacific peoples and provides health services primarily, but not exclusively, for Pacific people.
- Hold a health service contract with the Ministry of Health, Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, or a Primary Health Organisation within the last 18 months.
- Be a legal entity.
Providers are not eligible if they have only received contracts from these three funds unless they also received other health services contracts.
- COVID-19 Fund
- Community Innovation Fund
- Pacific Community Health Fund
How to apply
Before you make an application, please read our guidelines carefully.
To apply, eligible Pacific health and disability providers, need to complete the following forms:
- PPDF application form
- PPDF self-assessment form - This will help you identify the priority areas that need development. You can fill this in online or download it.
- PPDF tiering assessment tool - This tool determines the duration of the contract and how much guidance you’ll need from Te Whatu Ora.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 6 October 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Read our FAQ document for more information and to answer any questions you have about the application process.
If you have questions about the application process or need support, email us at email@example.com.