The secretariat at the Assisted Dying Service is the central point of contact for all public and sector enquires about assisted dying services. This includes questions for the Registrar (assisted dying).
Contact the Assisted Dying Service secretariat:
If you would like to recieve updates from the Assisted Dying Service, please subscribe to the newsletter.
Seeking a practitioner who provides assisted dying services
If you are considering assisted dying, you are encouraged to speak to your doctor or someone else in your health care team in the first instance. You will need to raise assisted dying, as they cannot raise this with you.
- More information for a person considering assisted dying
- Contact the Support and Consultation for End of Life New Zealand (SCENZ) Group
If your doctor does not provide assisted dying services, or you do not feel comfortable discussing this with them, you can contact the SCENZ Group for help to find a doctor who can help you. The SCENZ Group maintains the lists of medical and nurse practitioners and psychiatrists who are willing to provide parts of the assisted dying services. The secretariat will work with the Support and Consultation for End of Life in New Zealand (SCENZ) Group to coordinate all requests for practitioners who deliver parts of the assisted dying services.
Contact the SCENZ Group:
- For media enquiries, email email@example.com
- Phone: (04) 496 2000 (please note that due to a current high volume of COVID-19 requests, you are best to email in the first instance)
- Other Te Whatu Ora contact
- Our Media centre provides detailed information about which health system agency to contact about what.
If you have a comment regarding technical aspects of this website or to report a broken link please use the feedback form or email the Digital Communications team.