My Health Account Workforce is the health workforce digital identity service operated by Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand for members of Aotearoa’s health workforce. With a My Health Account Workforce, you can gain secure access to work-related digital health services for professional purposes and may be able to securely access health information (subject to the requirements of those digital health services). If you are a registered health practitioner, you can link your HPI number (CPN) to your account.
What you are agreeing to
By accepting these terms, you understand and agree:
- you are aged 16 years and over.
- we will act on your instructions without further enquiry provided you have successfully logged in.
- you consent to us sharing your validated My Health Account Workforce identity, and your HPI number (CPN) if you are a registered health practitioner, with the digital health services permitted to connect to My Health Account Workforce.
- the information you submit and verify will be true and accurate and is about you, in your professional capacity as a member of Aotearoa New Zealand’s health workforce.
- to any terms and conditions that apply to any digital health services that you choose to use via your My Health Account Workforce.
- that My Health Account Workforce is intended for use by people who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand and are members of Aotearoa’s health workforce and services may not be available outside New Zealand.
Note: As a member of the health workforce, you are not able to add your NHI number to your workforce account, nor are you able to access your personal health information or consumer-related digital health services from this account. If you wish to set up a digital identity so that you can access digital health services as a health consumer, you need to set up a separate My Health Account.
Your workforce login is valuable and extremely confidential. It authenticates your health workforce digital identity with participating digital health service providers to the identity level you have established. You must take good care of the login details you create (email address and password) and keep them secure. You agree to:
- notify the My Health Account Workforce Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 immediately if you know or have reason to believe that there has been or is about to be fraudulent or other unlawful use of your login or code.
- immediately change your password and notify the My Health Account Workforce Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 if you believe the security of your password has been compromised or if you are aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
My Health Account Workforce will never contact you and request your password, HPI number (CPN), or access to your personal computer or other devices either by phone or email.
It is an offence to falsely claim to be a health practitioner under section 7 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 and could result in a conviction and fine not exceeding $10,000.
It is an offence to mislead an agency by impersonating an individual or falsely pretending to be an individual or acting under their authority for the purpose of obtaining access to that individual’s personal information and could result in a conviction and fine not exceeding $10,000.
Anyone who knowingly accesses or uses, or attempts to access or use, any My Health Account Workforce or related Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Ministry of Health, or third-party provider service for an unlawful purpose (including, but not limited to, misrepresentation of your role in the New Zealand health workforce, fraud or attempted fraud or hacking or attempted hacking) may be liable to prosecution under New Zealand Law.
If you would like help with the My Health Account Workforce service, please email us at: email@example.com. If your support request relates to a digital health service from a third-party provider, please address your queries directly to them.
Privacy and how we use your information
You can choose how much information you provide to My Health Account Workforce, and the identity verification level you want. Some digital health services are restricted to higher verification levels, due to the nature of information they hold. We will guide you through your options.
We will securely hold and manage the information you provide to us through My Health Account Workforce. Your account allows you to decide how your My Health Account Workforce information may be managed.
My Health Account Workforce Privacy statement
Read our Privacy statement at My Health Account Workforce Privacy statement.
Except where we have an explicit legal obligation under New Zealand legislation, we disclaim and exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demand, or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for our negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this service or the information, content or materials included in this service or on any website we link to.
It is your responsibility to provide accurate information to us, and we are entitled to rely, without making further inquiry, on information provided by you or any third party you choose to interact with via this service.
Continuity of service
We will make reasonable efforts to always keep My Health Account Workforce operational, but we make no warranty or representation, express or implied, as to continuity of service. We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or otherwise alter access to some or all the services at any time and without notice if we consider that:
- this is necessary to maintain the integrity or security of related services; or
- your login is being misused or has otherwise been compromised; or
- you breach these terms; or
- we decide to remove or reduce the services available.
We may revise these Terms at any time. Changes take effect when published to our website.
You must not modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of My Health Account Workforce unless expressly permitted.
You must not reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the services (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction).
My Health Account Workforce has been, and will continue to be, subjected to independent security audits. If you discover a potential security vulnerability or suspect a security incident related to this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or report it by following the disclosure process on the CERT NZ website.
Last updated: 30 March 2023