Connected Health Information Services enable the safe sharing of trusted health information.
The Ministry of Health is responsible to the sector for the delivery of these services.
The Ministry is accountable for governance, management, some operational components, control and audit, and national service performance monitoring.
This service and technology are continually evolving so information can be securely shared to enable integrated models of care.
Connected Health Information Services includes a number of services already in place such as:
- National Health Index (NHI)
- eSpatial Address Management (eSAM)
- Access to other information services such as B4Schools and NIR data
- National Enrolment Service (NES)
- New Zealand ePrescription Service (NZePS).
To access these services, you need to complete the Connected Health Information Services request form: