My Health Account is the digital health identity service operated by Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand. With a My Health Account, you can gain secure access to your health information online. You can also link your National Health Index (NHI) number to your account. If you are a registered health practitioner, you can link your HPI number (CPN) to your account and securely access health information and applications for professional purposes.
What you are agreeing to
By accepting these terms, you understand and agree:
- you are aged 12 years or over (if you are aged 12 to 15 years, your parent or legal guardian may complete the registration process for you if you agree).
- some parents will be able to use the ‘Add a child’ feature to establish a relationship between their NHI number and the NHI number of their child or children under 12 years. This will enable the parent to connect to a digital health service and access some health information about their child or children.
- if one parent disputes the right of the other parent to access a child or children’s information, access to the child’s or children’s information will be suspended for both parties until the matter is resolved.
- we will act on your instructions without further enquiry provided you have successfully logged in.
- you consent to us sharing your validated My Health Account identity, your HPI number (CPN) if you are a registered health practitioner, or any other NHI attribute, with participating service providers so that you can access the digital health services you choose, and they can provide services to you.
Note: If you are a health practitioner and have both an NHI and HPI number (CPN), My Health Account will only share one of these attributes with each application, and never both.
- the information you submit and verify will be true and accurate and is about you or your dependent child.
- to any terms and conditions that apply to any digital health services that you choose to use via your My Health Account.
- that My Health Account is intended for use by people who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand and services may not be available outside New Zealand.
Your login is valuable and confidential. It authenticates your online identity with participating service providers. You must take good care of the login details you create (email address and password) and keep them secure. You agree to:
- notify the My Health Account Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 immediately if you know or have reason to believe that there has been or is about to be fraudulent or other unlawful use of your login or code.
- immediately change your password and notify the My Health Account Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 if you believe the security of your password has been compromised or if you are aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
My Health Account will never contact you and request your password, NHI number, HPI number (CPN), or access to your personal computer or other devices either by phone or email.
Anyone who knowingly accesses or uses, or attempts to access or use, any My Health Account or related Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Ministry of Health, or third-party provider service for an unlawful purpose (including, but not limited to, fraud or attempted fraud or hacking or attempted hacking) may be liable to prosecution under New Zealand Law.
It is an offence to falsely claim to be a health practitioner under section 7 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 and could result in a conviction and fine not exceeding $10,000.
If you would like help with the My Health Account service, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your support request relates to a digital health service from a third-party provider, please address your queries directly to them.
Privacy and how we use your information
You can choose how much information you provide to My Health Account, and the identity verification level you want. Some digital health services are restricted to higher verification levels. We will guide you through your options.
We will securely hold and manage the information you provide to us through My Health Account. Your account allows you to decide how your information may be managed.
My Health Account Privacy statement
Read our Privacy statement at My Health Account Privacy statement.
Except where we have an explicit legal obligation under New Zealand legislation, we disclaim and exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demand, or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for our negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this service or the information, content or materials included in this service or on any website we link to.
It is your responsibility to provide accurate information to us, and we are entitled to rely, without making further inquiry, on information provided by you or any third party you choose to interact with via this service.
Continuity of service
We will make reasonable efforts to always keep My Health Account operational, but we make no warranty or representation, express or implied, as to continuity of service. We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or otherwise alter access to some or all the services at any time and without notice if we consider that:
- this is necessary to maintain the integrity or security of related services; or
- your login is being misused or has otherwise been compromised; or
- you breach these terms; or
- we decide to remove or reduce the services available.
We may revise these Terms at any time. Changes take effect when published to our website.
You must not modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of My Health Account unless expressly permitted.
You must not reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the services (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction).
My Health Account has been, and will continue to be, subjected to independent security audits. If you discover a potential security vulnerability or suspect a security incident related to this service, please email email@example.com, or report it by following the disclosure process on the CERT NZ website.