February 2023 update
As at 28 February 2023, there were 410 referrals for a first specialist assessment on the Active list for the Service. 70 out of the 410 referrals have had their first specialist assessment.
Following delays due to Covid-19, five surgeries were performed in 2020, ten surgeries performed in 2021 and nine surgeries performed in 2022. One surgery was performed in February 2023 with one surgery scheduled for March 2023.
Wrap around health and wellbeing support for the Service
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand is working closely with the service provider to improve service delivery, with increased provision of wrap around services.
The wrap around services will include the establishment of several new roles to provide more intensive health and wellbeing support for patients on the waiting list for an FSA and/or preparing for surgery.
New referrals to the service
The chart below sets out the number of new referrals received by quarter between January 2013 and 30 September 2022.
Overall, 78 percent of the referrals are for feminising surgery and 22 percent are for masculinising surgery.
The number of people referred to the waitlist increased by over 160 percent between October 2018 and 30 September 2020.
Prioritisation of referrals
We are currently giving priority for a first specialist assessment (FSA) to referrals of the longest wait patients.
Previous updates from the last year
- January 2023 update (PDF, 144 KB)
- December 2022 update (PDF, 126 KB)
- November 2022 update (PDF, 149 KB)
- October 2022 update (PDF, 57 KB)
- September 2022 update (PDF, 69 KB)
- August 2022 update (PDF, 68 KB)
- July 2022 update (PDF, 123 KB)
- June 2022 update (PDF, 76 KB)
- May 2022 update (PDF, 115 KB)
- April 2022 update (PDF, 57 KB)
- March 2022 update (PDF, 143 KB)
- February 2022 update (PDF, 142 KB)
- January 2022 update (PDF, 147 KB)
- December 2021 update (PDF, 173 KB)
- November 2021 update (PDF, 149 KB)
- October 2021 update (PDF, 162 KB)
- September 2021 update (PDF, 142 KB)
- August 2021 update (PDF, 151 KB)
- July 2021 update (PDF, 162 KB)