Meet the new Māori Health Authority
Te Aka Whai Ora works with both the Ministry of Health and Te Whatu Ora. They are responsible for ensuring the health system works well for Māori.
- Leading change in how the entire health system understands and treats Māori health needs.
- Developing strategy and policy which will create better health outcomes for Māori.
- Recruiting kaupapa Māori services and other services for Māori communities.
- Recruiting other services alongside Te Whatu Ora.
- Keeping track of the health system to make sure there are fewer inequities for Māori.
The partnership between Te Aka Whai Ora and Te Whatu Ora invests in services that are grounded in te ao Māori. This makes sure the system can recognise Māori health needs and respond to them better, along with the wider population.
This relationship agreement embodies the commitment of the boards of Te Aka Whai Ora and Te Whatu Ora to work together.