Contingency planning facilitates the provision of comprehensive clinical service during times of industrial action:
- through support of clinical decision-makers
- making the best use of available resources.
Te Whatu Ora will:
- maintain essential hospital services, especially acute services, for the preservation of life and the prevention of disability
- keep disruption to hospital services to a minimum and facilitate the delivery of services not directly affected by the strike
- provide support, guidance and communication to staff who will be working through this period
- minimise risk to staff, patients and the community
- communicate with patients, families, staff and communities in a way which proactively informs and instructs while managing anxieties and information needs and expectations.