Portal closes 31 March
The Government has established the COVID-19 Response Recognition Award to recognise individuals and organisations who contributed to New Zealand’s COVID-19 response. Registrations are now open, and the awards will be distributed from March 2023.
There are two types of awards: Individual and Organisation. The Individual Award will come in the form of a lapel pin in a display box and personalised certificate and will be sent by NZ Post (New Zealand addresses only). The Organisation Award is a printed certificate and one lapel pin per organisation.
If you were part of the frontline Health and Disability workforce check whether you meet the award criteria below and register through the link.
To be eligible for the COVID-19 Response Individual Award you need to have been employed or contracted by Ministry of Health (MOH) or identified as part of the COVID-19 Health and Disability System Response (HSR) for a minimum of 1 month between March 2020 and 30 June 2022 and been active in a role:
- That provided direct operational support to the frontline COVID-19 Health and Disability response; or
- That was part of the Vaccination workforce, Testing workforce, Border & MIQ workforce, and the National Contact Tracing workforce; or
- As a Doctor, Nurse or Healthcare and Disability staff who cared for patients with COVID-19, including disability support workers and Māori hauora providers, Pacific health workers and other ethnicities etc
Contractors, part-time and full-time staff who meet the above criteria are eligible for the award.
‘Direct Operational Support’ refers to those workers who may not necessarily have faced COVID-19 every day or administered Vaccinations but whose roles were critical to ensuring that others could. If you are still unsure whether you are eligible, please contact the team at C19RecognitionAwards@health.govt.nz and we can help.
To be eligible your organisation needs to have directly supported the COVID-19 health and disability response for a minimum of 1 month between March 2020 and 30 June 2022 and actively supported MOH by:
- Providing direct operational support to the COVID-19 response; or
- Being contracted by MOH to provide services to either the Vaccination workforce, Testing workforce, Border & MIQ workforce, or the National Contact Tracing workforce, including disability support workers, Māori hauora providers, Pacific health workers and other ethnicities
Register for the COVID-19 Response Recognition Award at https://covid-19responseaward.powerappsportals.com/ All eligible people need to register 31 March 2023.
If you have any questions, please email the COVID-19 Response Recognition Award Team at C19RecognitionAwards@health.govt.nz