Allocation Protocol Issues Register
The Allocation Protocol Issues Register
- records issues with application of the NZ Kidney Allocation Scheme (NKAS) algorithm, corrective action taken and preventative advice to mitigate against a recurrence,
- disseminates learnings among other NZ clinical practice sites.
The register does not replace District Health Board (DHB) or other legally required disclosures.
Algorithm for probability of 5-year post-transplant survival in New Zealand
Australian and New Zealand Paired Kidney Exchange Program (ANZKX)
What are the components of a quality service for donor and recipient assessment for kidney transplantation? What are expected local variations in processes, and how is equity of access to be assured? This resource aims to answer these questions, and to provide guidance for services seeking change to increase the rate of kidney transplantation for their patients.
Guidelines for the Evaluation of Living Kidney Donors in NZ
The purpose of this guideline is to define the appropriate information and/or investigations that should be completed for evaluation of living kidney donors.
Guidelines for funding travel/accommodation for potential live kidney donors not resident in New Zealand
This provides guidelines for DHB managers and clinicians to assist in the DHB's decisions on funding of travel to New Zealand for potential live kidney donors.
Immunisations in adult end stage kidney disease – Recommendations 2021
The Immunisations in adult end stage kidney disease recommendations is a guideline on the vaccines available for dialysis and transplant patients.
- Immunisations in adult end stage kidney disease – Recommendations 2021 (PDF, 216 KB) – on the Immunisation Advisory Centre website
National Kidney Allocation Scheme
New Zealand Pancreas Allocation Scheme
The national Pancreas allocation scheme is an algorithm used for allocating deceased donor pancreases, with or without other organs (most commonly with kidneys).
National Review Policy for Patients Declined Access to Deceased Donor List
This policy sets out the process for a referring nephrologist to seek a review of a decision by a renal transplant centre to decline access to or remove a patient from the deceased donor waiting list.
Receiving a deceased donor’s kidney
For information about the deceased donor waiting list, getting on the list or receiving a kidney, read the pamphlet on the Deceased organ donations and transplants page.
Reducing Disparity of Access to Kidney Transplantation between Regions
Background and advice for senior district health board funders to enable decision making oriented at increasing access for underserved populations to kidney transplantation in New Zealand.
Live Donor Renal Transplantation Cross Matches in 2016 in New Zealand and their Outcomes to Transplantation
Review of the cross matches performed for the purpose of live kidney donation in the year 2016 in New Zealand and the outcomes of these donor and recipient pairs.
- Live Donor Renal Transplantation Cross Matches in 2016 in New Zealand and their Outcomes to Transplantation (Word, 17 KB)
- Live Donor Renal Transplantation Cross Matches in 2016 in New Zealand and their Outcomes to Transplantation (PDF, 106 KB)
Review of the New Zealand (NZ) experience with donation after circulatory death (DCD) kidney transplantations 2008-2016.
Review of the NZ national experience and outcomes with DCD kidney transplantations since its introduction in 2008.
Roles, responsibilities and communication during allocation and retrieval of deceased donor kidneys
This policy describes communication that occurs between health professional groups during the processes around retrieval and allocation of deceased donor kidneys, and includes when and how biopsies are used to assess marginal deceased donor kidneys before transplantation.
Transplant Activity Report
The Transplant Activity Report provides information on kidney transplantation activity by renal transplant centre and district health boards.
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2021 (Word, 885 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2020 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2019 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2019 (Word, 712 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2018 (PDF, 405 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2017 (PDF, 382 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2016 (PDF, 382 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2015 (PDF, 376 KB)
- Kidney Transplant Activity Report 2014 (PDF, 623 KB)