About this item
- Issue date:
- 29 August 2017
- Corporate Authors:
- Health Information Standards Organisation (HISO), Manatū Hauora - Ministry of Health
- Document date:
- 29 August 2017
- Mental health
- Copyright status:
Copyright Held by Non-Crown Party
- 978-1-98-850288-5 (online)
The PRIMHD Standard comprises the following three documents.
- 10023.1:2017 PRIMHD Data Process Standard
- 10023.2:2017 PRIMHD Data Set Standard
- 10023.3:2017 PRIMHD Code Set Standard
These documents should be read together. Their separation is solely to simplify the structure of the standard for ease of use. The standards are designed to promote interoperability of information systems within the health and disability sector.
Data Processes Standard
The intent of this standard is to provide direction to mental health and addiction service providers and stakeholders to ensure that appropriate and timely information on service provision is collected at a national level, to enable relevant analysis and reporting. The standard outlines generic processes, while recognising that due to the different sizes, structures and services provided by mental health and addiction service providers in New Zealand, no one model will fit all.
These documents have been developed with significant input from a range of service providers. However, the broad nature of primary care service provision means this standard may not be suitable for all primary care situations.
- applies to all mental health and addiction service provision as defined by the Ministry of Health
- defines the data requirements for the integrated mental health and addiction national collection.
Please see the PRIMHD section for the latest file specification and requirements.