About this item
- Issue date:
- 2 October 2012
- Document date:
- 2 October 2012
- Diseases & conditions
- Copyright status:
Copyright Held by Non-Crown Party
On this page
The NZ Guidelines Group completed a rapidE process as part of their contract with the Ministry of Health to produce evidence-based guidance for the health sector focusing on implementation.
The rapidE process looked at the available evidence on the effectiveness of health behaviour change interventions for people with long-term conditions.
The rapidE process produced a suite of documents.
RapidE: Chronic Care: A systematic review of the literature on health behaviour change for chronic care
This review identifies, appraises and summarises the most effective evidence-based theories and programmes of health behaviour change for individuals with the following chronic diseases: diabetes, chronic obstructive airways disease, asthma, stroke and hypertension.
- RapidE: Chronic Care: A systematic review of the literature on health behaviour change for chronic care (PDF, 2.1 MB)
Effective Health Behaviour Change in Long-term Conditions: A review of New Zealand and international evidence
This brief paper summarises the results of the review and is intended to inform health practitioners, programme designers and decision makers in New Zealand, as the sector strengthens the support for people with long-term conditions to self-manage by changing health behaviours.
- Effective Health Behaviour Change in Long-term Conditions: A review of New Zealand and international evidence (Word, 691 KB)
- Effective Health Behaviour Change in Long-term Conditions: A review of New Zealand and international evidence (PDF, 528 KB)
Case studies of five New Zealand interventions
- Case Study 1: The Heart Guide Aotearoa (HGA) Programme (Word, 66 KB)
- Case Study 2: The Diabetes Self-management Education Programme (Word, 58 KB)
- Case Study 3: Māori Diabetes Self-management Education (Word, 58 KB)
- Case Study 4: The Samoan Self-management Education Programme for People with Long-term Health Conditions (Word, 51 KB)
- Case Study 5: Implementation of the Flinders Program™ by a Primary Health Organisation (Word, 147 KB)
Health Literacy Interventions: A brief summary
This report provides a brief summary of the main messages from recent health literacy systematic reviews that have a focus on the impact of health literacy interventions for adults with chronic disease/illness.
The reviews summarised in this report focus specifically on interventions that aim to increase individual’s knowledge and understanding of chronic disease/diseases of interest and its effective management.