On this page
The Ministry of Health has recently supported the development of a suite of resources and tools for primary care teams to enable people with long term conditions to be supported to manage more effectively day to day.
The online resources have been designed by Health Navigator NZ and Health Literacy NZ, with PHOs (primary health organisations) and primary care teams the main audience.
The resources and tools provide information to build understanding of self-management support (SMS), how to embed SMS in primary care, as well as ways to build team capability where it is needed.
The resources and information are divided into six sections:
- Getting started – for primary care teams to start integrating self-management support into practice.
- Making a plan – includes a range of tools, case studies and examples of practice action plans for teams to review as they adopt a self-management approach.
- Building your team – provides tools and resources to build an effective support team.
- Working differently – tools and approaches that have proved most helpful for primary care teams to explore new roles and different ways of working.
- Knowing we are making a difference – being clear what change you are looking for and how this will be measured.
- Training and resources – resources, webinars, case studies, tools and guides to assist the improvement journey.
You can access the resources and tools on the Health Navigator website: Self-management support project.