The Health Integrity Line - 0800 424 888 - is a free, anonymous 24/7 phone line for you to report fraud or any other activities you’re concerned about in the health system.
This includes but is not limited to:
- dishonest or inappropriate use of public money by members of the public using health funding, or any allegation of fraud by medical professionals using health funding
- corrupt practices
- harassment or other unsafe work practices
- theft or other criminal behaviour by any person
- conflicts of interest or policy breaches
- drug or alcohol abuse
- any other matter that “does not seem right”.
The 0800 line is operated by Integrity NZ, an independent charity, and staffed by specially trained operators who won’t ask for a name or record or trace the call.
All Health Integrity Line calls are passed on to the appropriate team or agency to follow up.
If you’re an employee and are calling about serious wrongdoing in or by your workplace, you’ll be advised of your rights under the Protected Disclosures Act 2000 (known as the ‘Whistle-blower Act’).
Protect the integrity and high standards of our health service by talking about your concerns.
Other ways to voice your concerns
- Talk to your manager or another senior manager.
- Make a report online.